Since 1996, Siebert Cisneros Shank has managed over $1.2 trillion of municipal bonds in more than 5,400 transactions for the funding of education, housing, health services, transportation, utilities, capital facilities, economic development, redevelopment and general infrastructure projects. Through this experience, the firm has established itself as a pioneer in the municipal marketplace, consistently developing innovative ideas and structures to better align our clients’ financing goals with the dynamics of the capital markets.
The firm has ranked among the top fifteen firms nationwide as a senior-managing municipal underwriter for a number of years. Siebert Cisneros Shank was the first minority-owned business enterprise to rank among the top ten senior managing underwriters of municipal bonds. The firm holds the distinction of being the top-ranked minority- and woman-owned municipal bond underwriter for eighteen consecutive years. Additionally, the firm has a long history of working on large-sized municipal financings. The firm has ranked 2nd or 3rd nationally for largest average deal size for each full year from 2010 through 2016.
The public finance department is structured to maximize the value of the technical and execution services that we offer our clients. It is comprised of investment bankers with a variety of professional backgrounds, and combines extensive structuring and underwriting experience with a long history of innovation for the firm’s clients. Siebert Cisneros Shank provides in-house debt structuring and financial analysis capabilities that incorporate some of the latest technologies available in the industry. Our services include:
- Debt portfolio creation and monitoring of potential restructuring and refunding opportunities to provide ongoing advice for overall debt management;
- Tax-exempt and taxable debt structuring, including optimal bond sizing calculations utilizing fixed, stepped and zero coupons;
- Proprietary sizing and refunding applications, portfolio optimization calculations, and preparation of escrow and arbitrage compliance calculations necessary to optimize advance-refunding transactions;
- Project financing strategies;
- Flow of funds models;
- Analysis of derivative products; and
- Call optimization strategies
In addition to the above services, we keep our clients abreast of market changes and trends in the municipal market. See our Market Updates page for recent reports. Our sophisticated market analytic tools assist both our buy-side clients as well as new issue municipal clients.
Source for total deals and rankings: ThomsonReuters/SDC